REFLEXIVITY IN WOMEN’S STUDIES: SOLIDARITY IN RESISTANCE, FLEXIBILITY IN BUILDING
Tuesday 20 Nov – Share Feminism/s, how? with whom? with what care?
• rereading Zandt as lens on all the other books
• how to do learning analysis
What does Zandt have to teach us about the issues raised in the other books that we might have missed if we hadn’t read her work?
Thursday 1 Dec – Intersectionality as Boundary Object, meaning different things to different feminisms?
• finishing up and rereading Berger as lens on all the other books; read stuff you missed or reread the stuff that has become a touchstone for you; be able to say why and how.
How do different feminisms use intersectionality to share their urgent projects and their hopes for feminism?
lumping and splitting
connection to boundary objects?
Perry model of intellectual development
in addition to its importance as a developmental schema for the adult learning processes of discrete individuals, what about these intellectual, psychological, psychic features as elements dynamically shifting back and forth, for example, when
• individuals and groups are under great stress
• are confronted by new elements in shifting contexts
• enter into a new arena of knowledge or practice
• are forced into positions by polarization
• are "converted" to new and strong epistemologies
• are using shorthand versions of complexities for clarity
• are responding to urgent conditions requiring strong action
MAKE A POINT OF THIS! CONNECTS TO HEWITT!
Reading, Conversation, and Reception with
Florence Howe on Monday December 5 at 3:00 in Taliaferro 1126.